1.14.2016

Aeons

it is addressed thusly:
An ode.
it reads:
In the time of Orion
I was a rider of the iron clouds
over the rim of Saturn
beneath the din of Titan's crowds
In the age of Arcturus
I strode high in Io's seas
With six merry Asuras
Just before the Great King's decrees
And in the days of Mercury
When the lights fell as Icarus' wings
Singing the final apogee
I was drinking deep of forgotten things;
How old am I, and how young
I was not before yesterday's sun
A leaf let fly where boughs were hung
But have seen more than anyone.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for appearing with me on AtT, Ephrem. Really appreciated your insights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time! Enjoyed talking with you.

      Delete

Messages left under the doormat will be promptly decoded and a response may be issued.