5.21.2015

Canticle for Mentation

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tammylo/10299739025

it is addressed thusly:
A song.
it reads:
I have been taught to forget,
Though I shall not yet remember
The mind is a blowing wind
The heart but a flashing ember
Turn and bring the wind down,
Will the flames to burn higher
Then shut out the air's breath
And make the furnace dryer
Thoughts pass and I am a lake
I am a lake cold in the sun
A reflecting pool still and dark
Across me they lightly run
Back from the depths the dead
Call them and ask them why
They will tell you a story
So never utter a single lie
Never lie and they will be true
Though you will not remember
The mind is a blowing wind
The heart but a flashing ember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages left under the doormat will be promptly decoded and a response may be issued.