4.11.2014

Howling At All Hours


it is addressed thusly:

An ode.
it reads:
I stood in the car - then I walked
I walked forward as the car went back
And what carried me in the slack
Of the invisible courses that stalked
Unseen forces that thrust and pull
And accelerate away but the soul
Which walks against them gets wings
Like Hermes of old - but shoes
Did not in their moment just lose
Their plain sole, flat black which brings
To mind no such myth to be told
No myth like Hermes of old -
It moves forward, into an ever-new
But its track is worn down to dust
Back it goes, back then going I must
Through the horrible wind go through --
Quietly the passengers sat and talked
I stood in the car - then I walked.
a postscript is here written:
instant outside in publishing

2 comments:

  1. Things have been going on, and I've gotten behind. I like this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks. The mind is set on what to do about The Whirlwind that is devouring us all... the mind works overtime and even the dreamer has opinions.

    ReplyDelete

Messages left under the doormat will be promptly decoded and a response may be issued.