12.19.2011

To Be Titled - Introduction

it is addressed thusly:
A prelude of sorts.
it reads:
Twixt night and day I found the bars
Which to my prison bound me
Of wood grown old which poison mars
I knew then did surround me;
Would I wake to find them there
Or alone sleep on in bliss?
In ecstasy I saw fill the air
The seeds of death's cold kiss.
So I took to wandering
   and wondered all the more
Till in holy dread I drank
   upon that mirthful shore
And drew the keeper from his pit
Who hides beneath the rock
And steal from his own bilious spit
The turning of the clock
And actual the prison make
Of wooden fettered sorrow
And from him take, that sallow snake
The memories of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages left under the doormat will be promptly decoded and a response may be issued.