1.07.2011

Song of Words, Theme

it is addressed thusly:
A fragment.
it reads:
On comes the light and I
And you stand amid the dark
Accusations and words fly
But mostly miss the mark

Now begins the game
I painted for you our world
At least color-by-name
Its tapestries I unfurled

I have all the maps and you
Could ask me for them
But before this I knew
You'd yourself abhor them

It is time the for the game
A fantasy of a sort
For this I am to blame
For truth I oft distort

Now for your rocket theme
The great 'dis-understand'
Movement one of this dream
We 're-create' the land.

Of course discovery
Is not the author's way
We all are quite free
To go right out and say

The world you've imagined
You'll make up in your druthers
In all frankness hasn't
A whit of difference from the others.

1 comment:

  1. "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand" (Psalm 16:11)

    ReplyDelete

Messages left under the doormat will be promptly decoded and a response may be issued.