1.21.2011

Song of Words, Intermezzo I

it is addressed thusly:
A fragment.
it reads:
What can be said of how you speak to me?
It is as one who is my closest friend;
Though you protest and say it cannot be;
You see the start and I have seen the end.

Friends are known by who they care about
And what is care but love for a man's soul?
Then love shown will remove ev'ry doubt
Even if to love was not the goal.

And persistence be a wondrous trait
Even to extremes as oft it goes
And with patience for the time you wait
To express this care? How long, who knows;

To grant me truth in word more than the others
This alone I'd have had I my druthers.

1 comment:

  1. Friendliest rival,
    Let’s outdo one another
    In showing great love.

    ReplyDelete

Messages left under the doormat will be promptly decoded and a response may be issued.