6.29.2010

A Song For Two

it is addressed thusly:
An ode.
it reads:
We two often tender hearted
  Finding often ourselves wounded
    Our own efforts lost and foundered
      Wrecked upon the rocks of strife.

I for my part, clumsy-footed
  My prejudices deeply rooted
    Stepping boldly, blindly sighted
       Stabbing joys as with a knife.

You, I pray are patient-minded
  My own prayers in you are answered
    For forgiveness I may've offered
       Your recompense is more than rife.

This and this alone we've hoped on 
  Do good for evil, our only errand
    We stay calm and carry on
      The way we know for man and wife.

1 comment:

  1. Wounds that may've been caused by strife
    Flare quickly and is soon rid of.
    Though scars be left and seared for life
    They hurt much less than wounds of love.

    ReplyDelete

Messages left under the doormat will be promptly decoded and a response may be issued.