3.19.2009

Keep Your Hands to Yourself, Please

Heavens or are they bowls?
God leaves the world full of holes
So leaky sods can beat the odds
And trickle down (and out?)

What it is in consistent
That makes men so insistent!
I'd swear my hair goes gray
On the day I get it!

Okay, okay I'm vaguest
On days with 'y', suggest
The prison isn't just so quite
Water-tight (or complete!)

This cosmos has got some leaks
(I don't mean mountain-creeks)
But although we go much the way
to the quay! (sea beyond it)

It's like a squeaky wheel
If you want the kind of feel
Double oil, trouble-toil the creak
Is way to deep (don't try to fix it.)

I'm talkin' about yo noggin
Which you keep keepin' floggin
You didn't make it, (take it!) and now
Say how you think to make it right?

Take this a poetic trial
Plant seeds for about a mile
Come November try to remember (hon)
Each one! You already know you can't!

Three words, habit, habit
Habit, while you can, grab it
Take hold, we're told and ride
and stride my shoes a bit.

Can't want what I really need
Or need what I want indeed
O What to, what to do, what
Oh that
Nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages left under the doormat will be promptly decoded and a response may be issued.