8.28.2008

To the Void which is a Deprivation

Visualize a man opening up the access panels of his mind and pulling out all the components that have God's image stamped on them. The problem is that they all have God's image stamped on them, so the man can never stop. No matter how much he pulls out, there's still more to pull. I was that man. Because I pulled out more and more, there was less and less that I could think about. But because there was less and less that I could think about, I thought I was becoming more and more focussed. Because I believed things that filled me with dread, I thought I was smarter and braver than the people who didn't believe them. I thought I saw an emptiness at the heart of the universe that was hidden from their foolish eyes. Of course I was the fool.
-Dr. J. Budziszewski

When we tear off the veil of the world, we will find nothing. Firstly, because the bridegroom who cometh has yet to arrive, and secondly because we are the one wearing the veil.
-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages left under the doormat will be promptly decoded and a response may be issued.